Orange Pecan Waffles Recipe
"Served with butter and our wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup, these waffles go great with bacon or sausage on the side," says Ruth Harrow of Alexandria. "Sometimes I put them together with scrambled eggs and bacon for a terrific breakfast sandwich."
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3 waffles.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Waffles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p39
Reviews for Orange Pecan Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
Easy enough to double the recipe for more people. I didn't have any club soda, so I used carbonated lemon-lime water instead. Worked out fine!