Orange Pear Jam
Full of fruity flavor, this delightful jam is a great toast topper. Delores Ward of Decatur, Indiana came up with the recipe when a neighbor gave her an armload of pears. "Everyone really likes it," says Delores.
56 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, pears, pineapple and lemon juice.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from
- heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into jars or containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.