Orange Peach Smoothies Recipe
"This refreshing shake is wonderful in summer when peaches are in season, but canned or frozen peaches work well, too." says Kara Cook. "I've had several requests for the recipe, and everyone is surprised to discover almond extract is the mystery ingredient," notes the Elk Ridge, Utah cook.
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 drops each red and yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the peaches, milk, orange juice concentrate and extract. Add ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Add food coloring if desired. Pour into glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC