- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers), divided
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk until boiling; add to gelatin. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and orange peel; process until blended.
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add pineapple and reserved juice to gelatin mixture; process until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of the oranges in eight parfait glasses. Layer with half of the gelatin mixture and 3 tablespoons of cracker crumbs. Repeat layers of gelatin and crumbs; top with remaining oranges. Chill for 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Parfaits in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p61
Reviews for Orange Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review