Orange Parfaits Recipe
"The first time my son's fiancee tried this citrus parfait, she wanted the recipe. The next time, she wanted the leftovers," writes Deborah Greenwood of Elmer, New Jersey.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers), divided
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk until boiling; add to gelatin. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and orange peel; process until blended.
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add pineapple and reserved juice to gelatin mixture; process until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of the oranges in eight parfait glasses. Layer with half of the gelatin mixture and 3 tablespoons of cracker crumbs. Repeat layers of gelatin and crumbs; top with remaining oranges. Chill for 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Parfaits in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p61
Reviews for Orange Parfaits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >