- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and nutmeg; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Add orange peel; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Divide dough into fourths. With floured hands, roll each piece of dough into a ball; dip in butter, then in sugar mixture. Evenly space in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 rolls.
Originally published as Orange Pan Rolls in Reminisce Extra December 1996, p47
Reviews for Orange Pan Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2010
"Very easy to make. The slight sweetness of these rolls contrasts well with a variety of savory dishes. I have lost track of how many times I have made these."