Orange Onion Chicken
Folks really enjoy this tasty chicken, It's a light, refreshing dinner that appeals to all palates.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Add 1 cup water, orange
- juice, onion, broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until chicken
- juices run clear, 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir
- until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add
- the orange sections and heat through. Serve over the chicken. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 239 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.