Orange Onion Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Add 1 cup water, orange juice, onion, broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear, 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- 2. Mix cornstarch with remaining water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add the orange sections and heat through. Serve over the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 239 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Orange Onion Chicken
"This needs more orange flavor - the sauce is pretty bland."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.