- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Add 1 cup water, orange juice, onion, broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear, 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add the orange sections and heat through. Serve over the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Onion Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Onion Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
This needs more orange flavor - the sauce is pretty bland.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >