- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Add 1 cup water, orange juice, onion, broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear, 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add the orange sections and heat through. Serve over the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Onion Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Onion Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"This needs more orange flavor - the sauce is pretty bland."