I like to make this for breakfast because it’s quick yet out of the ordinary. The orange flavor adds a little something extra to a weekday breakfast.Bernice Haack, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, orange juice and salt to a
- boil. Stir in oats and cook for 1 minute or until oatmeal reaches
- desired consistency. Stir in orange peel. Serve with brown sugar.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon brown sugar) equals 222 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.