- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- thirds. Shape each into a round or oval loaf. Place on greased
- baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make three to five shallow slashes across the top
- of each loaf. Beat egg and milk; lightly brush over loaves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 loaves (10 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.