Orange-Nut Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter and orange peel; stir until butter is melted.
- Drain sweet potatoes; place in a serving dish. Add orange juice mixture and gently stir to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Orange-Nut Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"This will be the third or fourth year I've made these potatoes for Thanksgiving.....now I consider them traditional!. My son in law said he doesn't normally care for sweet potatoes, but he likes these. They're very flavorable, and I find them more appealiong than the old way we used to do them with marshmallows on top. The orange juice adds a nice tanginess."