Orange Nut Bread Recipe
"This bread is delicious for breakfast or with a salad," notes Helen Luksa of Las Vegas, Nevada. "A friend shared the recipe years ago, and it has withstood the test of time."
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in nuts and orange peel. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC