Orange Nut Bread & Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice, confectioners' sugar and peel until well blended. Chill until serving. Serve with bread. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each) and 1 cup spread.
Reviews for Orange Nut Bread & Cream Cheese Spread(15)
Sort By :
I love this recipe and have made it often, always to rave reviews!
Used the exact ingredients but used the quick bread method (mix dry ingredients, melted butter and mixed w/ rest of liquid ingredients, stirred liquid into dry) and made into muffins. Delicious and the orange cream cheese really complimented the muffins! Next time though, I think I'll add an extra tablespoon of confectioner's sugar to the cream cheese.
Delicious. I used the juice and pulp from two oranges, and 1/4 tsp of orange peel in place of the extract. Then I baked it all in a 9x5 pan for 1 hour. Whole family loved it and I will definitely be making it again!
Made muffins with this recipe. Grandkids really like it. Didn't make the cream cheese spread. Very easy to make.
I really liked this bread but wasn't crazy about the cream cheese spread. I liked it best by itself. I didn't have orange extract so I used almond extract instead. I also used fresh squeezed orange juice, pulp included. It turned out yummy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Bread Recipes >