- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice, confectioners' sugar and orange peel until well blended. Chill until serving. Serve with bread. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each) and 1 cup spread.
Reviews for Orange Nut Bread & Cream Cheese Spread
Sort By :
"This was delicious! I didn't have any cream cheese so I didn't make the spread but will the next time I make this bread again...possibly with Easter dinner? Also wanted to say that I did not put in any nuts due to allergies and that didn't seem to change the texture, etc. at all."
"I love this recipe and have made it often, always to rave reviews!"
"Used the exact ingredients but used the quick bread method (mix dry ingredients, melted butter and mixed w/ rest of liquid ingredients, stirred liquid into dry) and made into muffins. Delicious and the orange cream cheese really complimented the muffins! Next time though, I think I'll add an extra tablespoon of confectioner's sugar to the cream cheese."
"Delicious. I used the juice and pulp from two oranges, and 1/4 tsp of orange peel in place of the extract. Then I baked it all in a 9x5 pan for 1 hour. Whole family loved it and I will definitely be making it again!"
"Made muffins with this recipe. Grandkids really like it. Didn't make the cream cheese spread. Very easy to make."