"This bread is delicious for breakfast or with a salad," notes Helen Luksa of Las Vegas, Nevada. "A friend shared the recipe years ago, and it has withstood the test of time."
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in nuts and orange peel. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Orange Nut Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p18
Reviews for Orange Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review