Orange Nut Bread Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in nuts and orange peel. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Orange Nut Bread(2)
Sort By :
I cook extensively from Taste Of Home cookbooks and magazines and the cooking times are always very accurate; however, for this bread, I think the cooking times are way off. I checked the bread at 50 minutes and it was very overdone and dried out. I made the recipe again the following day, added a teaspoon of orange extract to increase the orange flavor which I felt was lacking, and checked the bread at 40 minutes. It was much improved, but could have come out even a few minutes earlier.
I tried this recipe and it quickly became a family favorite. Very easy to make. Excellent as a breakfast bread served with cream cheese.