Orange-Mustard Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 153 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat
Reviews for Orange-Mustard Grilled Chicken
"This was a fantastic marinade. All of the family loved the flavor. My son-in-laws raved the next day about it! It was very easy to prepare. The chicken was VERY moist. I actually used "hot" dijon mustard An excellent blend of flavors!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.