Orange Muffins with Dates
I love preparing baked goods and sharing them with family and friends. These light yet flavorful muffins are always such a hit that I often end up sharing the recipe as well.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Peel orange, reserving peel, and separate orange into segments. Place
- peel, segments and juice in a blender or food processor. Add eggs
- and oil; blend well. In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, brown
- sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add
- orange mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in dates. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400°
- for 14-16 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium,