Orange Muffins with Dates Recipe
I love preparing baked goods and sharing them with family and friends. These light yet flavorful muffins are always such a hit that I often end up sharing the recipe as well.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Peel orange, reserving peel, and separate orange into segments. Place peel, segments and juice in a blender or food processor. Add eggs and oil; blend well. In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add orange mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in dates. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Muffins with Dates in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Orange Muffins with Dates(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review