Orange Mousse Chocolate Torte Recipe
I always get compliments from the chocolate lovers at my table when I serve them this cool tangy torte with its rich flourless chocolate cake.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 14 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- White chocolate curls and baking cocoa, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; whisk in sugar and nuts. Add eggs, one at a time, until blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate.
- 2. For mousse, in a saucepan, heat the orange juice concentrate, sugar and water until warm. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Add to chocolate; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add white chocolate; stir just until melted. Whisk in sour cream. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring often, until cool and thickened but not set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold until orange mixture. Pour over crust (pan will be full). Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove torte from pan. Garnish with chocolate curls and cocoa if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Orange Mousse Chocolate Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC