I've developed many mouthwatering muffin recipes through the years, but this one remains a favorite. With their rich chocolate taste, these muffins also make a terrific dessert.—Sandy Szwarc, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, butter and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Mocha Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p48
Reviews for Orange Mocha Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review