These special rolls from Pamela Shank of Parkersburg, West Virginia are melt-in-your-mouth good and smell wonderful while baking. "I came up with these while teaching one of my grandchildren how to make monkey bread," Pamela notes.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Mascarpone cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Sprinkle pecans into a 6-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese and orange peel; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture down the center of each circle. Bring dough from opposite sides over filling just until edges meet; pinch to seal. Brush with some of the butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place seam side down over pecans. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and remaining Mascarpone cheese. Drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 5 rolls.
Originally published as Orange-Mascarpone Breakfast Rolls in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p31
Reviews for Orange-Mascarpone Breakfast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review