Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons
The bright colors and sweet, citrusy taste of our test kitchen’s Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons make for a company-special side dish that couldn’t be easier on the cook. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow summer squash
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the vegetables into very thin
- lengthwise strips.
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetable strips in butter until
- tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the
- syrup, orange juice, peel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook
- for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Return
- vegetables to pan; toss to coat and sprinkle with pecans. Serve with
- a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium,