The bright colors and sweet, citrusy taste of our test kitchen’s Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons make for a company-special side dish that couldn’t be easier on the cook. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow summer squash
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the vegetables into very thin lengthwise strips.
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetable strips in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the syrup, orange juice, peel, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Return vegetables to pan; toss to coat and sprinkle with pecans. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p22
Reviews for Orange-Maple Vegetable Ribbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2011