Orange-Maple Pork Roast
A short list of ingredients makes this recipe so appealing for entertaining. Leftovers can be used in a stir-fry along with your favorite vegetables.
14-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (about 4 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Sliced starfruit
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set juice and oranges aside. In a
- large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a rack
- in a shallow roasting pan. Combine syrup and reserved juice; pour
- over roast. Sprinkle with rosemary. Cover and bake at 325° for
- 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°, basting
- every 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with starfruit
- and reserved oranges. Drizzle with pan juices if desired. Yield:
- 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.