- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Sliced starfruit
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set juice and oranges aside. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine syrup and reserved juice; pour over roast. Sprinkle with rosemary. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°, basting every 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with starfruit and reserved oranges. Drizzle with pan juices if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Maple Pork Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p44
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Orange-Maple Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review