Orange-Maple Glazed Chicken
Pick up a medium-size orange for the zest and juice in this tasty chickenrecipe that creatively combines citrus with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. —Lillian K. Julow, Gainesville, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar,
- mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil;
- cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in
- basil and orange peel. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken,
- covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with orange
- juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.