- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange peel. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Maple Glazed Chicken
Sort By :
"This was a nice twist. I would not add the orange zest next time as it was too much of the orange flavor, but I will definitely make this again!"
"very good! i would suggest making extra glaze to serve over rice"
"This just wasn't as flavorful as I expected."
"Yumo! I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven. Basted them with the orange mixture. I'll be making this recipe often."