Orange Loaf Cake
"Our state's abundant orange juice is put to excellent use in this moist cake," says Dawn Congleton of Orlando, Florida. "The citrus flavor is irresistible!"
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add oil and orange
- juice; beat until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until
- stiff peaks form. Fold into orange juice mixture. Coat a 9-in. x
- 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Pour batter into
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 152 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.