Orange Lime Gelatin Ring Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1. Arrange oranges in the bottom of a 9-in. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice (discard any remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a blender or food processor. Add gelatin powder; cover and process for 30 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved. Add cream cheese; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- 3. Stir in pineapple. Pour into ring mold. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving platter. Fill center with grapes. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.