Red grapes tucked into the center of a molded gelatin ring accent the tangy taste of lime, orange and pineapple in this colorful salad. "It's festive enough to serve guests and goes perfectly with ham or pork roast," writes Janice Pardue of Naples, Florida. "Plus, it's cool, tasty and easy to prepare!"
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- Arrange oranges in the bottom of a 9-in. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice (discard any remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, bring lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a blender or food processor. Add gelatin powder; cover and process for 30 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved. Add cream cheese; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple. Pour into ring mold. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving platter. Fill center with grapes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Orange Lime Gelatin Ring in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p59
Reviews for Orange Lime Gelatin Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review