Orange Lime Gelatin Ring Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- Arrange oranges in the bottom of a 9-in. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice (discard any remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, bring lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a blender or food processor. Add gelatin powder; cover and process for 30 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved. Add cream cheese; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple. Pour into ring mold. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving platter. Fill center with grapes. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Orange Lime Gelatin Ring(5)
Sort By :
SAVED recipe. A beautiful presentation picture! I like another reader's idea of using blackberries in place of grapes. Quite a novel idea!! K.
Okay, I made this for Easter dinner. Rave reviews by all. Did add some toasted chopped pecans to the mold, because I'll add nuts to meatloaf if I can ;-). The sweet/tart flavor of the gelatin was refreshing, and I added blackberries, so the dish did look like a sunflower. Oh, I almost forgot...I used fresh oranges, supremed instead of canned fruit. It just seemed appropriate.
Just a thought here...if you substituted blackberries for the red grapes, it'd look just like a sunflower! I'll rate again after I actually make it, but I'm sure it'll be yummy!
This recipe makes a beautiful presentation on any table, love to serve it on St Paddy's Day because of the orange & green, & the taste yummy!
I ran across this recipe several years ago. I have made this for potlucks and family dinners. It is always a hit,,,no leftovers. It is easy to prepare and looks so pretty on the table. Try it you'll like it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >