Orange Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce or salad greens of your choice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce, onions and oranges; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and hot pepper sauce; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 104 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Orange Lettuce Salad
"This is such an awesome recipe! Sugar the almonds by toasting in a nonstick pan with a bit of sugar. Just watch really CLOSE they go from toasted to burnt very quickly!"