A flavorful homemade dressing sparks fresh greens that are tossed with colorful oranges and green onions and sprinkled with toasted slivered almonds.—Joyce Key, Snellville, Georgia
- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce or salad greens of your choice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce, onions and oranges; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and hot pepper sauce; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Lettuce Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p21
Reviews for Orange Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009
"This is such an awesome recipe! Sugar the almonds by toasting in a nonstick pan with a bit of sugar. Just watch really CLOSE they go from toasted to burnt very quickly!"