- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice (about 5 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Add juices and peels to cooled sugar syrup. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Strain syrup; cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, fill glasses or pitcher with equal amounts of fruit syrup and water. Add ice and serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Orange Lemonade
"Thanks "Travlnman02" for your wonderful input to help people with diabetis. Very helpful and taste good."
"I cooked the grated peels with the sugar and water.Served it with vodka and come club soda.It was a REAL hit."
"Made a batch this weekend and it was very good. Tangy and sweet. I pulled out my mother's old juice-o-matic and had a great time squeezing out all the yummy juice from the lemons and oranges. Will make another batch to keep in the fridge to make a glass at time."
"I have been making lemonade like this for years. My mother made it for years before me."
"i love lemonade alot as i live in india and its vry hot love to try more recipes"