Family and friends will love this moist cake’s refreshing citrus taste. Ann Robinson - Bloomington, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, oil and eggs;
- beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour
- into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve
- desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 370 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a