- gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and orange
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the
- heat; cool to lukewarm.
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and salt until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add cooled milk mixture; beat on high speed
- for 5 minutes or until fluffy. Remove about 2/3 cup; fold in nuts.
- Spread between cake layers.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar to remaining filling; beat until
- fluffy. Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 459 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.