Orange Knots Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 5-1/4 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ORANGE ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, sugar, butter, salt, eggs, orange juice, orange peel and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle, about 1/2 in. thick. Cut into 10-in. x 3/4-in. strips; roll lightly and tie into a knot. Place on greased baking sheets; tuck the ends under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Yield: 20 rolls.
1 each: 238 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Orange Knots
"Basically the same exact recipe in my CIA baking book that I use in culinary school. Came out smelling great."
"Here is a much simpler version with the same results:CINNAMON and SUGAR GLAZED ORANGE KNOTS VERY, VERY GOOD & NOT HARDTO DO
12 Rhodes Texas Rolls
thawed but still cold
1 medium orange rind, grated
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix grated orange rind with melted butter. Roll each thawed texas roll into a 9 inch rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover with a clean towel or pam sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with citrus glaze while still slightly warm.
"My mom is obsessed with these--she insists I make them every time I'm home for Christmas!"
"Ok!Know this orange knots are so good but I made a simple change to it and oh!my god they were very delicious try them I really recomendem to you all and just plain orange knots they are great.Thank you for the recipe een my husband thinks that I bough them at a bakery but no.It's realy time consuming but it's worth it really they een came out like in the picture.Good luck men and women."