- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Strips of orange peel
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir orange juice, brown sugar, butter, cornstarch, ginger, salt and pepper until thick. Add the beets and raisins; heat through. Garnish with orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange-kissed Beets in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p22
Reviews for Orange-Kissed Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2009
What do you serve this with? I love beets and I think I would like this dish but not sure what meat it would go good with.