For a change of pace, give this yummy jelly made from frozen orange juice a try. I've given it as gifts to friends and family-and many times the jars have been returned for refills. —Mary Rice, Maysville, Oklahoma
48 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry
- thoroughly. In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, combine water, orange
- juice concentrate and pectin. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a
- full rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil
- for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam if necessary. Immediately fill all
- containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of
- containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let
- stand overnight or until set. But not longer than 24 hours.
- Jelly is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to
- 1 year. Thaw frozen jelly in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.