Orange Jelly Candies Recipe
Making candy is my favorite thing to do. I've been collecting candy recipes for more than 40 years and have taken several candy-making classes. These soft confections are fantastic. —Leah Jackson, Washington, Utah
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil
- 5 drops each red and yellow food coloring
- Additional sugar
- 1. Butter a 9-in. square pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the pectin, baking soda and water (mixture will be foamy). In another saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring both mixtures to a boil. Cook until foam on pectin mixture thins slightly and sugar mixture comes to a full rolling boil, about 4 minutes. Gradually add pectin mixture to boiling sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in orange oil and food coloring. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 3 hours or until set.
- 3. Sprinkle waxed paper with sugar; invert pan onto sugar. With a knife dipped in warm water, cut candy into 1-in. squares; roll in additional sugar. Place on a wire rack. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature overnight. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 81 pieces.
1 piece equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Orange Jelly Candies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC