- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, combine water, orange juice concentrate and pectin. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam if necessary. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set. But not longer than 24 hours.
- Jelly is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jelly in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Orange Jelly
Sort By :
"I tried making this jelly, and it was VERY simple. I also tried turning the bottles upside down after pouring into hot jars and covering. As soon as I righted the jars they popped! I have a good seal, but I'll keep and eye on them! Thanks for the post!"
"Why can't you cover the jars immediately,turn them upside down for 5 minutes,uprite them and let them seal? This would allow them to keep much longer."