Orange Ice Cream Pops
Orange juice and vanilla ice cream prove to be ideal partners in these tasty pops. With so few ingredients, they're simple enough for little ones to help you make.Antoinette Ronzio, North Providence, Rhode Island
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 12 Popsicle molds or disposable plastic cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks
- In a blender, combine the milk, ice cream and orange juice
- concentrate; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls into Popsicle molds or plastic cups; top molds with
- holders or insert Popsicle sticks into cups. Freeze until firm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream pop equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.