Orange-Honey Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup orange juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Combine the honey, parsley and remaining orange juice; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place chicken over rice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Honey Cashew Chicken(2)
Sort By :
This was quite tasty. We served it with rice. Next time, I'm doubling the sauce and halving the onion and adding some extra cashews. Thanks for the recipe!
Wow! This one is a keeper the chicken is so moist and the sauce is delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Chicken >
- Cashew Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >