Orange-Honey Cashew Chicken Recipe
The sweet honey-citrus sauce turns ordinary poultry into something special. "I like to serve it with rice or riced potatoes," notes Raymonde Bourgeois of Swastika, Ontario.
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup orange juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Combine the honey, parsley and remaining orange juice; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place chicken over rice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Orange-Honey Cashew Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC