Orange Honey Carrots
With a subtle honey flavor, these colorful carrots would pair well with any entree. Family and friends find them on many of my menus.Judy Parker, Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- In a large saucepan, combine the honey, butter, poppy seeds if
- desired, orange peel and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in carrots.
- Cook and stir until carrots are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without poppy seeds) equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.