Orange-Hazelnut Spiral Rolls Recipe
By adapting a popular coffee cake recipe, I came up with these scrumptious rolls. I make them for family throughout the year.Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups flour, potato flakes, sugar, yeast, salt and orange peel. In saucepan, heat the milk, butter, sour cream and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form stiff dough.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover; let dough rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 22-in. x 14-in. rectangle. For filling, combine butter, confectioners' sugar and nuts. Spread lengthwise over half of the dough. Fold dough over filling, forming a 22-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into 7-in. x 3/4-in. strips.
- Twist each strip 4 or 5 times and shape into a ring. Pinch ends together. Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine glaze ingredients over medium heat. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Hazelnut Spiral Rolls in Country Woman November/December 2003, p31
Reviews for Orange-Hazelnut Spiral Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >