Orange Ham Kabobs Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 24 cubes (1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. On eight metal skewers, alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, two green pepper pieces and two red pepper pieces. Place on a broiler pan with rack; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 8 minutes, turning occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, tomato paste and ginger; mix well. Brush half over kabobs; broil 2-3 minutes. Turn kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce; broil 2 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3 lean meat; also, 150 calories, 1248 mg sodium, 40 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 17 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.