Orange Ham Kabobs Recipe
When I want to liven up leftover ham, I often make this main meal. It's a new and interesting way to prepare kabobs, and they're always a hit!
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 24 cubes (1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- On eight metal skewers, alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, two green pepper pieces and two red pepper pieces. Place on a broiler pan with rack; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 8 minutes, turning occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, tomato paste and ginger; mix well. Brush half over kabobs; broil 2-3 minutes. Turn kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce; broil 2 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Ham Kabobs in Country Woman March/April 1994, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Ham Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >