Give guests a special treat with tender grilled salmon fillets served in a delectable glaze. The marinade takes mere moments to throw together, but creates a big impact. Mildred Sherrer - Fort Worth, TX
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 7 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or apple juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Spoon reserved marinade over fish. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Salmon in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review