- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 7 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or apple juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Spoon reserved marinade over fish. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Salmon
Sort By :
This was over the top good! The only thing I didn't happen to have on hand was the gingerroot so I left it out and I didn't have red wine vinegar so I used some red wine, it was ever so tasty. It is definitely now going to be a staple in our house.
This was the most flavorful and delicious salmon marinade I have ever tried. My whole family gave it a big thumbs up. I couldn't stop eating it-yum!