- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel sweet potatoes; core apples. Cut potatoes, apples and orange crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Arrange on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, mix orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger. Microwave, covered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Place pork over sweet potato mixture; drizzle with orange juice mixture. Roast 45-55 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and sweet potatoes and apples are tender. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Pork with Sweet Potatoes
"Meat was tasteless, oranges were aromatic but difficult to eat. Followed the recipe exactly. Needs tweaking to be good."
"We reallly enjoyed this recipe. The flavors were great. I substituted thyme and parsley for the cinnamon and ginger. I also put garlic powder and onion powder on the pork. the sweet and savory combination was really good. I bought one pork loin that was thicker than some can be and it was really juicy. It is 1.5 lbs."
"this was a really good flavor combo. worth the effort. Love the orange and apples over sweet potatoes with cinnamon and ginger, yum. my cuts of meat were smaller, so I over cooked it in an hour. my bad, but a good recipe. I would have loved this without the meat and more sweet potatoes. would be a great sweet potato recipe"
"I made the mistake of buying 2--2# lions so I had 4 pieces not 2. The meat was still pink after 80 minutes and the veggies were not tender. There were 8 of us and I know the 2--1# lions would not have been enough. We had very little left over out of the 4--1#ers. All in all it is ok"