Orange-Glazed Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Reduce heat to medium; add the snow peas, onion, marmalade and chili sauce. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Return pork to the pan and heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups pork mixture (calculated without rice) equals 277 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer